Friday, October 19, 2012

Travelling without leaving my room

I have very much become enamored of a post over in Cabinet of Enchantments, by Kylara.  I'll link you, but you really should go over there anyway
http://cabinetofenchantments.blogspot.com/

I have never really tried the experiment before, as, sad to admit, it wasn't within my usual favorite flavor.  I am a witch.  I will play around with chaos magick, sorcery, Ceremonial Magick, and shamanism, but I am embarrassed to admit it, if something seemed New Age 60/70's I usually try to avoid it, or run the other way. I am alright if there is an analog in witchcraft, or if I can rename the thing to fit my flavor- Not that fond of Chakra work, I would rather do Middle Pillar, 3 cauldrons, or The Witch's Ladder using Elemental energy and my spine, so a flaw in my being, I'm sure, but there it is.
So even though Remote viewing had even been explored by the US military, I though it was too cheesy for me.
I read Kylara's post, and it was the height of sanity, and with instructions so easy, I would have to be even more foolish than usual to not attempt.  I have a picture, of a location I have wanted to revisit since I was there, just after high-school, "Merlin's Cave" underneath Tintagel in England.

I took the picture myself, and it reminds me also of the first time I felt free, away from my family, making daily decision for my self, using my own judgement.  Also, I felt the energy of the place, before I could completely understand about magick, but had book studied it for quite awhile.

So my experiment includes a rewrite of Kylara's instructions, almost like a pathworking induction, a studying of the picture in detail, and doing this both while awake in meditation, and also attempting it using dream protocols ( Strange that i don't have much trouble with the term 'lucid dreaming'.  Perhaps because I was one naturally, so didn't have to read explanations first? )

I'll report back.  Or better yet, you pick a place, or even Merlin's Cave, and you report back, too.

1 comments:

Kylara said...

I'm glad you liked my post :) I do think it's interesting that there seems to be a pretty big rift between psi and witchcraft, your not the first to mention it.

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |